Blog Header jan 2010
About MeContactHomeAddieBabiesSeniorsFamiliesSlideshows

Monday, November 9, 2009

Looking Forward to Looking Back {Humboldt County, Eureka, Ferndale, Fortuna, Arcata, McKinleyville Children's Photographer}

I'm not so sure I believe the statement "Looking forward to looking back". I'm pretty sure that was the theme to one of my highschool yearbook, but I don't buy it. Today, on a fieldtrip, I was talking with my teaching partner (who I love) and she had just spent the weekend with her daughter, who is my age, and she was talking about how fast the time has gone. They had been watching home videos over the weekend, and she was talking about how she wishes she just had "one more day with her kids when they were little".

And it really made me think.

Think about how lucky I am to be living those one more days, how lucky I am to have the opportunity to kiss chubby cheeks, how lucky I am to wake up to the noise of a baby stirring in the room below me, how lucky I am to watch I child that I created grow into a little person. I. Am. Lucky.

It really made me feel that I am at a time in my life that I will someday envy, a time that others envy. And that makes me happy and sad at the same time. But, it also makes me appreciate everyday that I get to spend in my reality, which I know soon will be my past.
IMG_0147logo

0 comments: